Monday, March 17, 2008

First Day of Paternity Leave



Today is my first day of a month long of paternity leave. I feel a bit nervous and a bit excited. The reason I am nervous is because I will have to take care of Malia all by myself - that means no turning her over to mom when she goes into one of her crying fits. But I am also excited because I wont have to go to work and I will get to watch her grow.

My goal today was to get Malia started on a schedule. I am flexible and not much of a schedule person myself, but I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night and I would like "presribed" times of when I can plan on getting things done in the day. I believe that having a schedule will accommodate both of these desires. Malia woke up at 4:15 crying. I got her to calm down by putting a hat on her head. She then woke up at 5:15 and was hungry. My wife wanted to crumble but I put my behind on the line and got her to hold out til 6 am. It's a start. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Today we went grocery shopping in the morning. Mommy came home for lunch and nursed. After that we went on a long walk in the woods. I made Rib Eye Steak dinner which is on sale at ShopRite and it turned out really good.



Later in the day I got a pic of her napping :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.