Friday, March 21, 2008

Paternity Leave Figured Out


After only one full week of paternity leave, I am proud to announce that I have figured out the secrets to keeping a baby happy. Here are the things that are needed :

1. One Bumble Bee Nursing Pillow
2. Wired Headphones (to allow Baby to use her hand and feel important)
3. Baby's bottle
4. High powered gaming PC
5. Copy of the latest first person shooter game

The results are amazing! Malia is enthralled with the graphics of the game staying quiet and enthused; Daddy is happy just to play. The bottle is handy in case Baby gets hungry while the nursing pillow keeps Baby snug and warm.

This has been a really great week. I started out unsure of myself, but I kept a log religiously of what Malia's habits were. After the third day, it was obvious she had developed a schedule all on her own. I followed the schedule loosely - wake up at 6 am and feed with mommy then between 8:45 and 9:30 she would wake up again to eat then go back to sleep. At 10:30 she was ready to play... This allowed me to schedule chores to get things done around the house among other things. Here are a couple more pics from the week :






1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.