Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring is Here!

The thermometer may read 40 and the sun may be behind the clouds, but looking at our landscaping so far, you would say it is definitely spring!





Last year in the fall, I cleared out the south facing side of my house. There were about 6 "hedge bushes" lining our garage. I first cut them to the ground with a chain saw then -painstakingly- removed the stumps. Now, in their place are 5 Hybrid Tea Roses.

I named them after the females in my life. The middle one is named "Boom" because it is red and the center. The rose to its right is Malia - yellow and bright just like my daughter and the other three are named Babci, KuhnYai, and Jessica. I think Malia is going to do the best.

I also began to remove all of the nasty overgrowth in the back yard. Here is how it started :



Then, with a little help from my wife, here is how it looks today - notice the grass seed. My next little project is going to be to add a scarecrow right where the pole in the yard is.



As a frame or reference, this is how the landscaping looked when we first purchased the house :

No comments: